13 Oct Myths & Archetypes Workshop @Shaka Power Yoga in Cypress, TX
with Gioconda Parker (4 hours)
- Myths as Mirrors: Hindu deity stories are like mirrors reflecting the human experience. They explore the depths of human emotions, struggles, and aspirations. By sharing these myths, yoga teachers help students connect with their own inner journeys and challenges, fostering self-awareness and empathy.
- Archetypal Symbols: Deities in Hindu mythology represent archetypal symbols that resonate with our collective subconscious. For example, Lord Shiva symbolizes destruction and rebirth, while Goddess Saraswati embodies knowledge and creativity. These archetypes offer students a visual and emotional language to explore and express their inner worlds.
- Life Lessons: Each deity story imparts valuable life lessons. For instance, the story of Lord Krishna emphasizes the importance of dharma (righteousness) and selfless action (karma yoga). By weaving these lessons into their teachings, yoga instructors guide students toward ethical and purposeful living.
- Transformational Journeys: Many Hindu deities undergo transformative journeys, mirroring the yogic path of self-realization. The story of Lord Hanuman, for instance, illustrates unwavering devotion and the limitless potential of inner strength. Yoga teachers can use these narratives to inspire students in their personal growth and practice.
- Cultural Appreciation: Yoga instructors should approach these stories with cultural sensitivity and respect. Encouraging students to explore Hindu mythology as part of their yoga journey fosters a greater appreciation for the cultural and spiritual roots of yoga.
Incorporating Hindu deity stories and archetypes into yoga teaching can elevate the practice from a physical exercise to a holistic journey of self-discovery, fostering a deeper connection between mind, body, and spirit. By tapping into the wisdom of these timeless narratives, yoga instructors can guide their students on a transformative path of self-awareness, balance, and inner harmony.This is a module in our 300-Hour Elevate & Lead Yoga Teacher Training program. You do not need to be enrolled in this program to attend this training session.
Investment – $99